Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Grand Tour of Italy

What can I say about my trip to Italy except . . . FANTASTIC! I think it's probably my favorite country I've ever visited so far. I love the scenery -- I love the history -- I love the art -- and the people are all so pleasant and easy to talk to! Most know at least some English and our tour guide Barbara taught us several phrases (and hand gestures!)

We flew first to Frankfurt, Germany, then on to Milan where we met with our bus and other tour participants from Georgia and Colorado! Our first city to tour was Venice -- which I loved -- and we took a gondola ride through the canals! I can't write about everything we saw, but my photos are up on our "10 Days in Italia" Facebook page -- and our itinerary is below:

Grand Tour of Italy:

  • Day 1 -- Fly overnight to Italy
  • Day 2 -- Milan • Venice
  • Day 3 -- Venice
  • Days 4-5 -- Florence
  • Day 6 -- Assisi
  • Day 7 -- Pompeii • Sorrento region
  • Day 8 -- Sorrento • Rome
  • Day 9 -- Rome
  • Day 10 -- Depart for home

I actually had fun being the Tour Leader for our group and I'm thinking about doing a trip in 2012 with EF. You can see all their tours available on the EF website.

No comments: