Sunday, August 17, 2008

An excuse to organize!

Well, tomorrow I get my new carpet and I've been working for a week packing up all the "stuff" so the workers can get it done! They move the big stuff, so I don't have to worry about furniture, but boy, do I have a bunch of "stuff"! They will do the bedrooms and den tomorrow with carpet.

Then tomorrow night I have to move everything that's packed in my dining room and kitchen back into the bedrooms and clear out the dining room for the wood-look floor that will go in the kitchen, laundry room, dining room and foyer. At least it gave me a good excuse to clean out and organize. I've already taken a load to the Community Store and have more to go. Not to mention what's gone in the garbage.

Back when we didn't have so much "stuff," I enjoyed moving just for that reason. It was a good way to clear out what we didn't use and get organized. I've found things I forgot I had -- and it's a good excuse to re-arrange! Plus, I'll have nice new floors -- and it's about time after 26 years! We built and moved in 1982, the year before Anna was born.

We had new windows installed several months ago -- and now new carpet. Let's see, what can I do next? I'll post some photos after I get it all back in order!

1 comment:

Casey said...

Love it! Looks great!