Sunday, August 31, 2008

War Eagle and New Curtains

Our first Auburn football game was yesterday and so much fun - though hot - with Casey and John and some of John's friends and then Anna and Zach and her friends Jenna and KK getting to come. Of course we had to get there early enough to get our favorite tailgating spot at "Ag Hill". The big magnolia tree that Casey and Anna used to climb when they were younger provided some much-needed shade during the day. I'm posting some photos from the day.

The best part of the game for me is to see the eagle fly, and I had two of my favorite lemonaids at the game. And, to top it off, Auburn beat Louisiana-Monroe! Late getting home so we slept in this morning.

I've spent the afternoon watching Hurricane Gustav info in the weather channel -- it's a hazard of my job! Hurricanes always mean power outages for someone -- and I'm hoping I won't have to work tomorrow. When everyone else gets "storm" or "ice" days off -- I have to work because there's always something to communicate or someone to feed when the power goes out. Hopefully, all we'll get is rain.

And, I've been putting up my new curtain rods and curtains today. Once I got my new "floors," I decided it needed new curtains!!! It's always something else! Posting some photos of my "feels like new home!"

3 comments:

Casey said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! Don't forget to send me the pictures!!!

AnnaHatcherDesign said...

cute pics mom!

Jill Bertella said...

Hey Mrs Cary!! I sure do miss you and Hatch! Love your blog!