Friday, July 3, 2009

Aaaah . . . a holiday!

I told someone at work yesterday that it would make me happy if I didn't have to change out of my pajamas for three days over the holiday weekend! It was a nice dream, but I'm having fun getting my den back in order today. We got the big 25-year-old entertainment center moved out (with the help of one of Stacy's students) and the new cabinet delivered. So now the "vintage" stereo system is hiding under a bed until Stacy gets his "man cave" built -- don't know where we're going to store the monster speakers -- and I'm shopping around for a new surround sound.

Here are some more photos from Father's Day weekend -- plus my new den furniture . . .



We got to Skype Kate this morning! She's now on cereal and filling out more! Hopefully we'll make a trip up to see her in a couple of weeks.

We're going up to Fox Lake to visit the Byrd's for the 4th, then our church is having the Family 4th at the Rec Park on Sunday, so we'll be going there and I'll be helping to serve hot dogs and take some photos. We had some really great fireworks last year, so looking forward to more and better -- but it's gonna be HOT! And not in a good way! We haven't gone under 95 degrees in weeks, and most days it's over 100. Better take my hand-held funeral home fan!!!

No comments: