Monday, June 22, 2009

Kate comes to Hartford . . .

What a great weekend! We had our first visit from Baby Kate -- along with Casey and John and Anna and Zach! It was the best Father's Day gift for PawPaw (I'm calling him PeePaw) -- and I kind of enjoyed it too!

Casey, John and Kate met me in Dothan Friday afternoon; and after a visit to the Baby Store (I got to rock and change a poopy diaper while Casey shopped), John took my car to Hartford and Casey, Kate and I went to visit MawMaw in Westside Terrace and Nanny at her house (the great-grandmas). They enjoyed getting to see how much Kate's grown since they saw her at 2 weeks! Then Anna and Zach arrived around 10:00 and it was crazy house after that!



We got to baby sit while Casey and John went to a wedding at Panama City on Saturday! Despite having a cold and stuffy nose, Kate was wonderful and so much fun. It just melts my heart to have her smile at me. She has this way of holding her hands like she's praying! Casey says the day care ladies call her "the praying baby!" I learned how to make bottles again -- she gets really mad if you don't feed her when she's ready -- or if you stop in the middle to burp!

I tried to talk Kate into staying with us for another week -- but she wanted to go home with her mom and dad! I know I'm not going to be able to wait another two months to see her again -- we may just have to find an apartment in Madison! (Just kidding, Casey!)

No comments: