Friday, August 14, 2009

My girls' weekend in Buckhead

It's seemed like a long week at work, even though I took Monday off! I spent a wonderful extended weekend with Anna last weekend -- just us girls! We got to see Casey, John and Kate when they stopped in on their way to a friend's wedding in Warner Robbins. Anna was thrilled to see how much Kate has grown and interacts now! Then Anna and I saw the movie Julie and Julia Fri. nite -- a great movie. It was fun to find out about Julia Childs' life since I can remember her on TV -- as the "first Food Network Star"! Meryl Streep can play any part, I've decided! She was so good.

Then on Sat. we took a Calligraphy class at Paper-Source at Virginia Highlands in Atlanta. I didn't do too bad, but we found out it takes a lot of patience (I like to do things fast and get them done) and practice (where's the time?)! We had fun and feel like we can try it on a few things now -- maybe not professionally, but for fun! That store is wonderful! I bought some plain cards to try my new embosser tool on -- Anna had just got one and it's really neat!

We ate lunch at the Swan Coach House -- a beautiful tea room restaurant at the Atlanta History Center. I had the chicken salad and shrimp salad -- delicious. But I should have worn my hat, dahlin'!


We had fun shopping and eating. Anna lives in a house with three other girls -- soon to be two if you know someone looking for a place to live in Atlanta -- and we destroyed the connections to their big TV trying to hook up her roomie's DVD player to watch Ballet Shoes. Never did get it to work -- Zach is going to have to fix it! I'm usually pretty good with connecting cords, but this one beat me! So we watched Ballet Shoes (great movie - watch it!) and Twilight (I don't get the obsession with this one, but everyone loves it, I laughed through most of it!) Anna and her roommate Ansley - and Tiffany at work - are obsessed with that movie.

And then on Sun. Anna took me to Scott Antique Market -- and I was in antique heaven! It is absolutely huge and filled with wonderful jewelry and furniture and things you won't see anywhere else. We talked to a guy who handmade beautiful tables with unusual metal legs. I can't wait to go back -- hopefully before Christmas!

We had a great weekend -- maybe next time Casey and Kate can join us! Casey, John and Kate stopped by MawMaw's on Wed. on their way home from the beach. Nanny came over too, so the great-grandmas got to see Kate -- and me too! I just can't get enough of her!

And now Anna has offered her talents on Etsy's website. It's a neat place where people can sell unique items they make and produce. Her Whatever Is Loveley site: "Present in style with Whatever Is Lovely Prints, a noble stationery and design company by Anna Hatcher Design, llc. I’m Anna and my goal is to create a praiseworthy and stress-free design process that has an end result that you will not only love but will present you or your event with style!" So if you need anything designed or printed, check out her Etsy site or her All Things Design blog.

1 comment:

AnnaHatcherDesign said...

THANKS MOM!!! YOU NEED TO COME BACK AND VISIT MORE OFTEN :) I HAD A GREAT TIME WITH YOU!

LOVE YOU!

AND THANKS FOR ALL THE RECOMMENDATIONS!
It's called Etsy, not epsy :) haha