Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Kate's first Auburn game!

What a fun Saturday on the Plains! We got to see our daughters and son-in-law -- all of their fun friends we've come to know over the years through Auburn -- and especially our baby Kate!



Since Casey didn't get tickets this year, I (generously) offered my ticket to her so I could babysit Kate during the game! I know, I'm such a generous person! So Anna and I strolled baby Kate over to the new student union center just opened -- it's located in the Haley Center parking lot next to the stadium. Beautiful building. The second floor has many seating areas with comfy sofas and chairs and TVs tuned to the game! Airconditioning! Starbucks and Chick-Filet! Just a walk down the hall to get a little crowd noise! After last week, I don't think I could have made it to the top of the upper deck to our seats anyway!

Casey made the cute Auburn dress Kate has on! Since she's learned to smock, Casey has been sewing up a storm, and she smocked the AU on the front of the dress. My favorite photo is the one of Kate in her sunglasses -- "cool Auburn chick!"

It was 2:30 a.m. before we got home, but it was worth it! War Eagle!

No comments: