Monday, November 23, 2009

Yeah, Baby!


What a fun -- but so busy -- weekend! The best part was having little Kate with us for the weekend -- along with Casey, John, Anna and Zach! Because of the Auburn-Alabama game being on Friday, messing up the whole Thanksgiving weekend, we had our family Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday, and Gary, Carolyn, Brian and Amanda came down from Birmingham.

It took a little while for Kate to warm up to us -- and Stacy scared her and made her cry! I tried to tell him to use his "indoor non-school voice!"

Along with the Civic Club Rival Run that we did Sat. morning -- and Casey and Anna ran in -- we had Jenna's wedding that Anna was a maid-of-honor in. The wedding and Jenna were just beautiful -- and so sweet. We certainly wish Jenna and Brent a wonderful life! Kate even did some dancing -- no, not by herself. She can't even walk yet!

So Stacy and I brought Kate home after she conked out at the reception while the kids stayed til the end! That's just what you do for your grandchild! And so worth it!

Casey and I went up to the attic and got down some of the girls' toys for Kate to play with -- that get to stay here at the house! I think I need to find a toy tub! Of course, the Tinker Toys (Casey's favorite), the Fisher Price Zoo, a couple of My Child dolls, sock monkey, rocking chair . . .

So you can see we had a fun weekend! And the best part is we get to see her . . . ugh, them . . . again on Friday for the big game . . . well, the game. Don't know how big it will be this year. Not expecting too much! But I'm going to baby-sit while everyone else goes to the game! What I'll do for my granddaughter! Isn't she cute?




No comments: