Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Call me CiCi . . . or "Crip"

My ankle/leg has been hurting for at least six weeks now -- I've limped all over Alaska -- and everywhere else. Had x-rays done before our trip which didn't show anything. Well, today I had an appointment with an orthopedic doctor, more x-rays . . . and I have a stress fracture in the lower part of my leg. Woopee! Now I'm in a "boot" for six weeks. At least now I know what's wrong -- and that it's really something and not just arthritis. Don't know how it happened. I didn't fall, didn't twist it. Who knows. The boot actually helps it to feel better; it's just a pain to take off to drive (it's my right leg) and then put back on. Anyway, now I'm a crip for a few more weeks, but hopefully it will heal and I'll be good as new again!

Tonight we Skyped with Casey and Kate -- and Kate said our names for the first time! We were so excited! You'd have thought she quoted from Shakespeare or something! CiCi and PawPaw -- what wonderful words from a 16-month-old! Almost as good as the first time my kids called me "mama"!

No comments: