Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Birthday Surprise

My mom's birthday was June 27, and my brother Walker and his wife Frances decided to come for the weekend and surprise her. He told Mom to expect a surprise package on Saturday. Hoping we wouldn't give her a heart attack, I called to tell her I had some errands to run and would stop by and take her to lunch!



When we got to her house, Walker went to the door and rang the doorbell. When she knows I'm coming by, she'll leave the door unlocked and I'll knock and walk on in. Well, Walker rang the bell again, and she called out, "It's open! Come on in." He still rang the bell, and she got irritated and went to the door and just stood there in shock.


She said she looked at him and thought, "That looks like Walker." It was so funny -- and we were glad we pulled one over on her! The weekend turned out great. We had a great lunch at Chee Burger Chee Burger and took her to the Old Mill Restaurant for dinner that night! And came back to her house for some ice cream birthday cake! So, happy birthday surprise, Mom!

No comments: