Monday, July 5, 2010

Hanging by a wire!

I've been intrigued by the popular mixed media jewelry I've seen in catalogs and on Etsy, so this weekend I finally pulled out my supplies and old collection of beads and tried my hand at it. I don't think I'll become a professional, but they turned out kind of neat. And I found I had several chains that would work with them! So here is my 4th of July jewelry experiment!

This was a shell necklace that I had purchased in Charleston a couple of years ago. I added the moon-shaped charm that was my grandmother's and a few other odd pearl beads. Kind of cool, I thought!This pendant I made from a huge gold earring that was my sister Susan's with a locket that was my grandmother's (Mattie Cook Stockley). I added a little flower and a couple of beads.I've been wanting something in browns and had this gold chain with the brown beads linked in already -- just had to cut down the length. Then I added the ring from somewhere and a cluster of assorted beads.

No comments: