Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mom & Daughters Week

I had the pleasure of the company of my two daughters this past week and it has been so much fun! With one in north Alabama and the other in Atlanta, we don't get to do this much. A couple of years ago when I had the opportunity to attend a conference at the beach, Daughter #1 decided this would be "her" conference rather than letting dad go with me! So each year, she has come and I go to meetings and programs during the day and she lays out on the beach! Daughter #2 was always either in school or unable to get off work, but this year she went too and I had the company of both of my girls! They even put up with my snoring!

So I got to shop a little at night (at the outlet mall, my chance to shop at the Dress Barn). One night we ate at the Seagrove Village Market Cafe at Seagrove Beach. We discovered this little place a couple of years ago when vacationing at the beach and have eaten there every chance we get now. They have wonderful shrimp po-boy sandwiches and some of the best hushpuppies we've ever thad! Try it sometime -- it's on 30A where Seagrove and Seaside meet east of Destin, Florida.

Daughter #2 left early Fri. morning to get back for another beach trip with her roommate Savannah in Myrtle Beach, S.C. Casey and I shopped a little that afternoon and headed back to Hartford so I could help husband in the GCHS concession stand for the FFA (it was Homecoming). So busy -- I don't think the line ever let up -- and those kids loved the fries, cheese fries and chili cheese fries!!!

So yesterday, we took Daughter #1 back to her husband and went to the Auburn-Arkansas football game. It was definitely NOT a great day on the Plain! Auburn's offense -- if you can call it that -- is practically non-existent and the defense struggled. The special team did run a kickoff back for a touchdown!! But losing to Arkansas -- what a bummer!

1 comment:

Casey said...

ahh yes, so much fun! Thanks for letting me tag along!