Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mid-Week Musings

I'm so excited now that we know Casey is having a girl! Her name will be Kate -- and now I can start shopping for her -- expected in March! Yes, I guess I really will be spoiling her! Everyone keeps telling me how great grandchildren are -- I can't wait!!

After the havoc and frenzy of Annual Meeting last Saturday, I've decided to take off two days this week. Annual Meeting is a lot of fun and I get to see and talk to so many people that I don't get to see anymore since I have a "secluded office" now instead of being front and center in the middle of the lobby -- but it is also very hectic. Now I'm the "bingo queen" I guess since I was the one who called out the numbers . . . you know, B5, 074. Ha! The people LOVED bingo and you could hear a pin drop when I started to call out numbers. It was so funny -- they would be looking up until I said the letter, then all their heads would drop searching to see if they could move that little window over! I also found out who the "professional" bingo players were -- who ever heard of "four corners"? I told them were were playing plain old across, up and down or diagonal bingo -- "and just one card per person please!"

So now I'm on my "holiday!" Stacy's off to Indianapolis to National Convention with his FFA group, so I have the house to myself and can catch up on some of those things I've put off -- like changing out the clothes in my closet, weeding the garden, and getting rid of some of the clutter on the bar in the kitchen -- and shopping! Maybe I'll get up in the attic and rummage in my grandmother's old leather trunk for the cute little baby clothes I saved for baby Kate! This cooler weather has given me new energy -- so glad the hot summer is over!!

Last night, my BFFs Ann and Judy and I took a "girls night out" and ate at David's Seafood in Enterprise. I had the fried catfish filets -- cooked perfectly -- with great cheese grits and onion rings. It was so much fun to be together eating out again -- we haven't done that in a long, long time. Ann is has been battling cancer for a long time now and is on chemo, so it was great that she felt like going out. We laughed and talked and promised to make this a regular thing. Life's too short not to spend time with your BFFs!

Has anyone but me noticed that the new buzz word is "global"? Every freaking thing is global now -- global warming, global economy, global hunger. Bugs me alot! So does this election whining. I want it over -- but it may be worse when it's over!

I've been in a slump lately -- so now I'm ready for a change! I've decided to color my hair again and have an appointment on Nov. 6! Maybe I'm crazy because everyone keeps telling me they love the color of my hair, but I just can't get used to seeing it in the mirror. Or maybe it's because I'm going to be a grandmother and don't want anyone to think I look old enough to be a grandmother! Anyway, if I don't like it I can always let it grow out again! And it's cheaper than redecorating! Maybe I'll redecorate something too! So glad I'm out of my slump!

No comments: