Sunday, October 26, 2008

My Vacation at Home!

Well, my vacation is over! Stacy got home last night from taking his FFA group to the National Convention in Indianapolis. Four nights of having the house to myself and not cooking. Now my closet is nice and neat -- for a while anyway!

I spent the day shopping and doing errands on Fri. and took my mom (Nanny) and her friend Inez to the Olive Garden Fri. night. It was sooo good and I pigged out -- and even took enough home for dinner last night! I got some cute tops to wear to work at Penney's and Belk's -- but found the most things at Sears which I forget about because it's downtown. My feet hurt so bad that I bought some shoe pads for my boots!!!

Tonight I'm trying to catch up on some emails and Scattering Seeds details. I've got my care packages for church college students ready to mail and need to address some baby gift cards. Seems like everyone is either pregnant or having babies right now! And it's back to work tomorrow -- but I don't want to think about that now! We have to set up our Peanut Festival booth on Thurs. this week - plus I have a dental appointment Thurs. morning that may include a root canal -- and an Annual Meeting wrap up committee meeting -- and it's time for my next magazine to be worked on. Guess I am thinking about it!

The Litchield, MN, group gets in Sat. and I have my nephew Brian and his fiance Amanda's shower in Trussville on Sunday -- plus a Sister Cities BBQ that night. Back to business!

I have a new favorite author -- Jennifer Crusie. All of her characters are off-beat and a little wierd, but funny wierd! I just finished "Faking It" which was very good! Can't wait to read another one! And one of my long-time favorites is Dorothea Benton Frank, a great southern author. I just finished "Isle of Palms" -- her characters are funny and quirky also. One of the best I've read of hers is "Plantation".
I've also added to a "Wish List" on Amazon.com for possible Christmas gifts. Go to Amazon.com and click on "Wish List" on the top bar. Enter my email address (hatch@alaweb.com) and it should bring it up.

No comments: