Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day thoughts

I've tried to be low-key about the inauguration. Although he was not my pick, I've taken the position of wait and see -- to see just how much change Obama is going to bring about and what kind of changes those will be. I'm afraid that they will be costly for me as a taxpayer -- and my job as an electrical company. I don't think people fully realize just how much "renewable power" and "cap and trade" policies are going to cost.

So anyway, I was watching some of the highlights of the day on Fox News tonight -- and I think I've had enough of the balls now. It's amazing how they can spend millions of dollars on a few parties! Michelle's dress isn't all that (it kind of looked like a chenille bedspread) and she kept stepping on it. She may need a stylist! Someone on TV said she had a Cuban designer -- looks like it!

I was taking it all in stride and not trying to feel like a spoiled sport since my man didn't win -- until they talked about how the crowd boo'd George and Laura Bush and the Cheneys. Good grief, their guy won. They couldn't be good sports and just let them leave in peace? As we say in the South, "bless their hearts, such low class!"

But I've been feeling glad I wasn't packed in that throng of freezing humanity. The older I get, the less I like crowds and loud noise. So I was fine watching snippets on TV. Actually, I turned 55 last week on the 13th! (I also turned 13 and 30 on Friday, the 13th.) Man, how did I get so old? I'm way over half way now! I went out with some friends from work the night of my birthday (and left Stacy at home) and saw the movie "Bride Wars" with Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson. Very cute -- very chick flick! Very funny -- and all about how awful you can get over wedding planning!

One thing I was pleased with Obama about was his choice of Rick Warren to give the prayer. I admire Rick so much and have so enjoyed the Purpose Driven Life daily devotionals. They have so much common sense about our walk with the Lord and offer real-life suggestions that help keep me in check.

And lastly, someone emailed me this video last week and I thought it was hilarious. Then I saw Anna had it posted on her blog also. I just love to laugh -- and when something has a cute catch to it -- that's even better. So, enjoy . . .


No comments: