Monday, January 26, 2009

The Mom Song and other mystifying things

I've got to stop watching Fox News! It just gets my blood to boiling. If it's not bad enough that now they're using my tax dollars to pay for abortions -- but overseas in other countries where they hate us anyway? And next they want to provide abortions for teenagers without their parents' permission? You can't give a kid at school a Tylenol without their parent's permission -- but they're going to do abortions on them? Where has the common sense gone? And now we have a Treasury Secretary that hasn't got enough sense to know he has to pay taxes? I guess that just confirms my opinion of everyone in Washington. Down, Cary!

My friend Marla in Litchfield, MN, sent me this video today and I thought it was great! My kids will enjoy it anyway -- because they've heard me say all of these at some time during their lives!


So, to lighten up a little more -- thought I'd add my thoughts from a little quiz on Anna's blog . . .

  1. What time did you get up this morning? 7:18 a.m. (had to rush to make it to work 3 minutes late!)
  2. Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds, they're so shiny
  3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Bride Wars on my birthday with friend - great chick flick
  4. What is your favorite TV show? Design Star or Top Design, my fav reality shows - Project Runway too
  5. What do you usually have for breakfast? Lately coffee and pop tart on break at work
  6. What is your middle name? Lee
  7. What food do you dislike? Oysters
  8. What is your favorite CD at moment? Van Morrison
  9. What kind of car do you drive? Honda CRV
  10. Favorite sandwich? Chicken Pesto Panini or Bacon Lettuce and Tomato
  11. What characteristic do you despise? Arrogance
  12. Favorite item of clothing? My comfy lounging clothes (without a bra)
  13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? Italy (Tuscany)
  14. Favorite brand of clothing? I'm not a brand person - Dress Barn fav store
  15. Where would you retire to? anywhere in the mountains (North Carolina or Colorado)
  16. What was your most recent memorable birthday? last year (54th) going to see Mama Mia Broadway play in Huntsville with my two wonderful daughters
  17. Favorite sport to watch? Auburn football
  18. When is your birthday? January 13
  19. Are you a morning person or a night person? Night person! Need my down time alone. (Same answer as Anna)
  20. What is your shoe size? I've grown over the years - used to wear a 5 - now I'm a 6
  21. Pets? None right now - I miss my Ashley (disappeared last May)
  22. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share with us? I'm going to be a grandma in March!
  23. What did you want to be when you were little? An interior designer or fashion designer
  24. How are you today? Ok for a Monday
  25. What is your favorite candy? Butterfingers and dark chocolate
  26. What is your favorite flower? Gerber Daisy
  27. What day on the calendar are you looking forward to? March 3 - I'm going to be a grandma!
  28. What's your full name? Cary Lee Stockley Hatcher
  29. What are you listening to right now? TV - Fox News
  30. What was the last thing you ate? Dove Dark Chocolate
  31. Do you wish on stars? No, but I love to watch them
  32. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Cerise
  33. How is the weather right now? Dark - was sunny and kind of warm today
  34. The first person you spoke to today? Hubby Stacy
  35. Favorite soft drink? Diet Coke
  36. Favorite restaurant? The Bistro in downtown Dothan
  37. Real hair color? 20 years ago, dark brown - now, salt & pepper gray
  38. Summer or winter? Winter
  39. Hugs or kisses? Hugs, definitely
  40. Chocolate or Vanilla? Vanilla milkshakes and ice cream
  41. Coffee or tea? Coffee - love my Latte's
  42. Salty or sweet? Sweet, that's why I look like I do
  43. How many years at your current job? 24 years - only 7 til retirement!
  44. Favorite day of the week? Saturday when I can rest and catch up
  45. How many towns have you lived in? 5 - Memphis and Germantown, TN - Auburn, AL - Camilla, GA - Hartford, AL
  46. Do you make friends easily? Pretty much, I consider myself a friendly person

No comments: