Saturday, December 6, 2008

Hartford's Hometown Christmas

It's been a busy week after my last post after Thanksgiving! I'm watching the Alabama-Florida game right now -- go Gators -- gotta love the orange and blue -- especially when they're playing ultimate rival Alabama! And especially after Auburn's whipping last weekend! Looks like the Gators have pulled it out -- but it's was an exciting game!

I helped hostess a baby shower for Brooke (Justice) Smith this afternoon (expecting baby Brody in Jan.) with Kay and Shera Parker and Barbara Hughes. It was so much fun, and I got to enjoy Sophie, Jill's daughter, and Lilly Claire, Mindy's 6-month old! First it's Brody in Jan. -- then our baby Kate in March. Brooke received so many cute little outfits and baby accessories. It's amazing to me what is out there for babies now that we never even thought of when I was pregnant many moons ago! Photos below . . .



This morning I drove the Co-op "green" car in the Hartford Christmas parade, and Jerry and Cindy Sorrells followed in a bucket truck. That's what I love about our small town -- I drive the car in the parade and know half the people on the sidelines who wave and say "hi!" Then on the Square you get to see so many more -- alot that I haven't seen in a long time since I'm not out in the front at the office any more. Scattering seeds had a table set up to sell the cookbooks, and it was fun to sit and talk to Lynn, Patricia, Susan and Debbie. I also got to see Holly, one of Darin Moseley's "daughters" that I met this summer at Youth Conference, and it was fun to talk to her and see how she's doing. And of course, Abigail, Darin and Lisa's daughter -- she has grown so much!

Tues. nite we had the Wiregrass Electric employee Christmas party in our community room with grilled steaks (melt-in-your-mouth cooked by Joe Howell and family) and shrimp! Our entertainment was a "Barney Fife" impressionist. He was hilarious and sounded just like Barney! It was fun getting everyone together in a casual setting to just have fun!

Thurs. nite we had the "girls at work" Christmas party at Robbie's with what has become our tradition - homemade chilli and all the fixings! It was fun playing dirty Santa for the ornaments we swapped! I was #2, so I had mine stolen several times -- got to open alot of presents that way! I tried out a new dessert recipe Anna found for Tiramasu. It was really good -- and easy!

TIRAMISU BOWL

1 pkg. (8 oz.) Cream Cheese, softened
3 cups milk
2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) Vanilla Instant Pudding
1 (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed, divided
48 Vanilla Wafers
1/2 cup brewed coffee, cooled, divided
2 squares semi-sweet chocolate, grated
1 cup fresh raspberries (optional)

Beat cream cheese with mixer until creamy. Gradually beat in milk and pudding mixes. Stir in 2 cups Cool Whip. Line 2-1/2 qt. bowl with 24 wafers; drizzle with 1/4 cup coffee. Top with half the pudding mixture and half of the chocolate. Repeat layers, starting with wafers. top with remaining Cool Whip and raspberries. Refrigerate 2 hours. Makes 16 servings.

No comments: