Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Am I causing global warming?

Today is Earth Day -- and that's all anyone has talked about on TV all day long. I love the earth and do everything in my power to take care of it. I don't litter. I recycle cans -- in fact our Civic Club has a recycling trailer at the Piggly Wiggly. I don't recycle paper, glass and plastic because there's no place in town to put it -- but I should. We live on a farm and take care of our land and don't let it erode. Our cows are happy cows. I love trees and plants and we've replanted to replace trees that have died.

However, I'm not convinced of all of Al Gore and the mainstream media's global warming hype. I've heard too many scientists with opposing views -- they just can't get view time with the mainstream media that makes fun of anyone without their liberal views. And we know how upright and honest they are, don't we? Remember Y2K? They had us all in fear of our lives and the destruction of the earth at midnight on Dec. 31, 1999. They also called everyone who was in favor of the Tea Parties "gun-toting rednecks."

So now this latest turn in the global warming debate -- that fat and chubby people are causing global warming! GIVE ME A BREAK! First it was cows -- now it's fat! Read the article.

Our government will not be happy until it is controlling every single aspect of our lives -- and taxing us to death!

This week, Congress is holding hearings about energy and global warming. Watch out next for Cap and Trade Taxes -- they may call it credits, but it's tax on anything that requires energy to produce it -- and that includes everything. It won't just be your electric bill -- it will be gasoline, automobiles, food, entertainment . . . EVERYTHING! This is just another way to tax you without calling it a tax.

You can read an editorial about this issue on Fox News.com -- and please go to http://www.ourenergy.coop/ to voice your opinion to your legislators. Both of our Senators in Alabama oppose Cap & Trade as well as our Representative. But please, this is one issue you can't be silent on.

I know I'm back on my soapbox, but it's time for the "silent majority" to be vocal. If not, it will be too late to undo.

No comments: