Wednesday, April 1, 2009

No April Fools joke!

I'm going in for surgery in the morning -- well, really, it's in just a couple of hours now. Not sleepy, and I don't know if I could sleep if I laid down. A little anxious -- just ready to get it over with. Female stuff, you know!

My kids encouraged me to watch Gray's Anatomy -- and that's not a good thing if you're going in the hospital. I haven't spent the night in a hospital since I had Anna -- and that was almost 26 years ago! She was born in the "old" Flowers Hospital one week before they moved into the new hospital on Hwy. 84! And every time I've been there with my mom or Stacy's mom in the hospital, I see some of Stacy's past students working there. Not sure I want them looking at my near-naked body!

Since it has rained so much lately, our septic tank is "tanked out" -- so tonight I went to the office to disinfect myself for surgery! We have showers there in case we need to put workers up after a hurricane. Came in convenient tonight! It's stopped raining for a while, so hopefully I can take my second disinfectant shower at home in the morning. I have to be there by 5:00 a.m. -- at least I don't have to do hair and makeup! I'll let you know how everything "comes out" -- ha, ha! Wish me luck -- it's April Fool's Day!

No comments: