Sunday, April 12, 2009

Blessed Easter!

Ah, what a blessed Easter Sunday! It was also MawMaw's birthday . . . so I did lunch here at the house for her birthday -- the easy way! We had Easter Cajun turkey, home-made potato salad (I have been craving some nice fresh warm potato salad, so this was the only home-made thing I made), green beans, asparagus, macaroni and cheese (frozen), deviled eggs (I did made these), Sister Schubert rolls and 10-layer chocolate cake (thanks to Becky Watson - what a cook!).




My brother Walker and his son Charles came down from South Carolina to be with us for Easter! So we had them, my Mom, MawMaw, Greg and Jessi! It was so nice visiting, and everyone pitched in to help with clean-up. Of course I missed having the girls here, but Anna called from California before lunch and we web-cammed with Casey, John and Kate after lunch. I didn't make it to church, but I think the Lord will understand. He has blessed me so with a good recouperation following my surgery, but I don't want to push it too hard and mess anything up. So now I will take it easy for the remainder of the day!

Happy blessed Easter to everyone. The Lord is so good, and I thank Him for my salvation!

No comments: