Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Just like my mind . . . cluttered!

Woah! This month was supposed to be calmer and slower, but as each day goes by, my calendar gets more and more cluttered! Now here it's the end of the month -- and where did it go? Thought it would be a catch-up month, and I just keep getting more and more stuff to do. And when I get home, all I want to do is chill. My Christmas stuff is still sitting in the hall to go up in the attic! At least it's boxed up -- and the tree is down! It was the second week of Jan. before I got that done. But it's going up tonight -- then I won't have to listen to the President talk!

Not even going into politics. I'm convinced no one in Washington DC has any common sense. They need to listen to Dave Ramsey -- budget and don't spend it if you don't have it. Don't make laws if you can't fund it -- from the budget. Every time they make a new law or rule, it results in more paperwork and expense for those of us who have to pay taxes and live by those rules.

Can't believe our baby Kate will soon be one year old! She's trying to learn to walk -- by holding on to people or things! She's so cute -- and determined. I feel a Skype session coming on! I can't wait to see her and hold her again! Casey's video is too cute . . .


100124KatePlayingMov4 from Casey Cooper on Vimeo.

Anna's redesigned her blog site and logo. She recently started designing for paperstyle.com and had her first sale this month -- with great comments from the buyer! It's so exciting for Anna -- and for me, the Mom!!! Paperstyle is an online place to buy custom invitations and stationery. Click here to check out the rest of Anna's designs at PaperStyle! And her photo and bio are on there also in "Meet the designer"! And Casey took the photos of Anna that she used for her photo!

My mom's doctor is closing her practice this week, so she was in search of a new doctor. I talked to her about seeing Dr. Gabrielson, who Stacy and I both have begun using after bouncing from Hartford's sometimes clinic and Slocomb. I really like him, and he's been working on my cholesterol and high blood pressure. So yesterday Mom called to check on moving her medical records, and she told me who she talked to (Amy) and that they had discussed Mom's other doctor. I had to laugh. I told her that I had been there twice and I still didn't know anyone's name except the doctor. She gets to know everyone everywhere she goes -- and their life history, where they grew up, how many kids they have, their favorite food! She's so funny!

So, enough rambling . . . time to pick up my book and read myself to sleep! Night!

No comments: