Sunday, May 24, 2009

A decorating dilemma!

I've been thinking for a while about changing up my den -- and possibly getting new furniture. With the addition of Kate to our family, we're going to need a sofa sleeper before too long. Now that I've got the idea in my head, I've been looking around on the Internet at furniture. I haven't seen anything in the stores around here that I like as well as what I found at Rooms To Go online. Everything at the furniture stores in Dothan is either too dark of a color (for my already dark paneled room) or too traditional. I just love Rooms To Go's Cindy Crawford sofa bed shown here in taupe. I love the tufting in the back and seat cushions.

The only store I know of is in Atlanta, but not sure I want to drive up there to pick up. They say online they ship for one price, no matter how many items you purchase. So that may be the way to go.

And these are some of the chairs I like -- I know I want a club chair, but I'm tired of the flowered one I have now. I also have a chair and a half, and it's just too big. I want a regular club chair and ottoman to prop my feet up on to watch TV and read (this is the first red chair pictured).


Then I'd like two accent chairs. Not sure which I like best, but I think the one with the arms. And I want to move my desk armoire over to the right and get rid of my huge entertainment center and get a console cabine to set my TV on.

That's the idea, anyway. But whatever I buy depends on the room arrangement -- so I need your help. My den is long and narrow with a big brick arch in the middle of a long wall with our fireplace and sliding glass doors on a shorter end. It's always been hard to arrange this room because of the length and TV placement (which can't move, because I don't want to re-wire everything!) So take a look at the room diagrams below and tell me what you think! You can do this yourself at Better Homes & Gardens website. It's really easy -- just drag and drop pieces of furniture -- and you can change their color too.







1 comment:

Mary Tyler S. said...

There is a Rooms to Go in Montgomery at Eastchase - next AREA trip you'll have to go over and check it out. It's huge!