Sunday, May 10, 2009

Relaxing Mother's Day

I had a nice relaxing (sort of) Mother's Day today! Although the girls couldn't come home, I got to talk to both of them and hope to visit with Casey and Kate on the webcam later!

Casey made me a "brag" book of photos of Kate -- and Anna made me two CDs of beautiful music! I love both of them -- and I'm just grateful that my children love me and call me often. A lot of people don't have that.

We started off the morning with Sunday School and church -- where we had baby dedication for 11 babies all born this past year! So cute -- and none of them cried! Then we had lunch at MawMaw's -- chicken salad, layer salad, corn, butter beans and poppy seed rolls, and she made a wonderful cake she got the recipe for from the Wiregrass Living magazine. My mom came over and went to church with us, and Greg was there for lunch.

Came home and have been washing clothes and packing for a trip this week. We're going to the NRECA Connect Conference -- where we've won 5 awards this year! Yea! I'm excited because these are the first "Awards of Excellence" we've won. And most are for things I worked on -- Best Website, Best Newsletter (employee newsletter), Best Electronic Communication (for my E-Newsletter), Best Photo (that's Brad's of Lorrie's son Will at last year's Relay For Life that was on the cover of our May Alabama Living magazine), and Best Total Communication Program. Because of our size (22,000 meters), we're in competition with co-ops much larger than us (the category is 20,000-50,000 meters). So yea!

I had another Mother's Day present from Stacy yesterday -- he killed a moccasin in the yard! I hate snakes! There aren't many things I absolutely hate. I don't like mice or spiders or roaches, but at least I can smack them with a shoe or something to kill them. I don't like getting close enough to snakes to kill them. I bought a big ole' sickle thing at an auction once to use to kill snakes, but Stacy did something with it and I don't know where it is. I honestly don't know why God decided to make snakes -- and why He let Noah put them on the Ark. Maybe they just snuck on! And forget about getting close enough to it to see if it has a diamond shaped head and slinty eyes! For me, the only good snake is a dead snake!

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

AnnaHatcherDesign said...

Love you mom!! I'm so lucky to have such a great mom!!