Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Help! I've got technology overload!

Just when I think I know what I'm doing with all this Facebook, Twitter, Skype and Blogger technology -- I get put in my place! I tried to change my blog template the other night to one I was attempting to download different from Blogger's standard templates. Well, after copying and pasting the Html for the template -- I had NOTHING on my blog. I freaked out. Thank goodness for Blogger saving things and I got my good old Cary's Cafe back on. I may try again, because I found some really cute templates out there, but I'm going to wait until I get some "daughters" assistance!!

I've been working like crazy trying to get everything caught up before my surgery next week -- a hysterectomy and bladder repair on Wed., April 1. What a day to have surgery! April Fools Day! If I could just talk them into doing a "tummy tuck" while they're in there -- now that would be great!

I watched an Anita Renfroe video -- "It's probably just my thyroid" -- last night that co-worker Janet lent me -- and she is so funny! She's the one who did the "Mom Song" (she did the original, this video on YouTube is someone else, but you'll have visions of your mother). In this video she sings some, talks about blaming everything we (women) go through on our thyroid, talks about "Creative Memories" cults, and lots in between. Plus she brings a Christian message through comedy -- which I love! I know God has a sense of humor -- he made me!! And she talks about women mentors -- which my Scattering Seeds group is beginning a program on. If you get a chance to see her, go for it -- or buy her video!

Tonight was board meeting for Wiregrass Electric, which some of us stay for the beginning of. During dinner, we were talking to Greg McCullough, our board member from Samson, who was injured in the Geneva County shooting on March 10 in Samson. He was at the Big Little store filling up his truck with gas when the shooter pulled in. The guy tried to kill Greg, shot his truck, and shot that poor woman in the back four times and she fell at Greg's feet. He was injured from some schrapnel from a bullet and saw the shooter's face as he laughed chasing people down with his souped up gun and truck. Please be in prayer for Greg and the others who were affected by this deranged shooter. He is dealing with alot of issues as he faced his mortality and the deaths of friends. View video of interview with CBS.

You never know how you will deal with a situation like that until you're faced with it. Greg said the national media were so obnoxious and rude and unsympathetic of those who lost family members -- just to get a story. And we can't find comfort in our cozy little hamlets any more where we felt safe in our small town -- the big bad world has intruded with its anger and hatred. If it can happen here -- it can happen anywhere. And all because of one guy who had visions of glory in killing as many people as he could -- even his own mother. There is just no way to figure that one out.

On a happier note, on March 17, I had the Youth Tour banquet for the eleven students WEC sponsored to Montgomery (and Janet, Tammie and I chaperoned), their parents and WEC board members. What a great group of young people (all high school juniors) -- I just can't say enough about what a fine group this was. The judges who interviewed the students to pick the two who will get to go to Washington, DC, this June said we had an amazing group and they had a hard time picking the two. So the world is not lost . . . and what we hear in the news are just a few . . . and the majority of kids and adults are just good honest people living good lives and helping our communities! (Check out our Youth Tour page!)

1 comment:

AnnaHatcherDesign said...

haha!! Call me tonight Mom and I'll help you put your blog template on - you probably didn't read the insturctions!!! :) j/k