Saturday, March 28, 2009

I'm growing fins!


Wow -- I can't tell you how much rain we've had in the last 24 hours because the rain gauge overflowed! But I haven't seen it like this since Tropical Storm Alberto in July 1994! No fish crossing the road like it did in '94, but Hwy. 52 west of Hartford was flooded in several places and also at the swamp on County Rd. 55. Water was backing up about half-way up our front yard -- and we had a really big Loggerhead Turtle hanging out in the back yard!

Since the septic tank is water-logged, we made a trip to town for a bathroom break, and I took some photos and video! You could jet ski on the baseball field if you wanted to -- and Brian's Texaco had water up to their gas pumps. Hopefully we're past the worst now!





2 comments:

AnnaHatcherDesign said...

Wow! That was really bad - the worst I've seen. Thanks for the photos and video's mom.

Casey said...

Wow, that WAS bad.