Thursday, March 12, 2009

Kate Report

I am so enjoying my stay with Kate . . . and Casey and John too! It will be hard to go home on Sunday after being able to hold my precious granddaughter every day. Stacy is bringing Casey's baby book up tomorrow when he comes back, and they can see how much Kate resembles Casey's newborn photos, especially the one taken at the hospital when she went home. She had her little fists balled up by her cheeks just like Kate!

Kate can make some of the cutest faces . . . just before her mouth screws up and she screams! Her eyes are dark like John's and big and round. She'll just look at me like, "I know you!" And it's so hard to see her cry when her little tummy hurts . . . and so great when I can calm her and get her to sleep. She definitely doesn't like wet diapers . . . or getting her diaper changed. I need to buy stock in Pampers -- she goes through about 50 diapers a day!

Their black lab, Cherokee, really likes her but gets jealous. I think he's about decided she's not going away, and he's whined the last couple of days and wants to jump in your lap when you're holding her! He's too big to hold anyway. He's started thinking his name is "Cherokee No!" They will be really cute together when she gets bigger and can climb all over him!

Here are my latest photos . . . tomorrow we're going to make some with Casey's lights and set up. I'll add them later!

No comments: