Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, my youngest (Anna) is home for the week and my oldest (Casey) and her hubby John won't be in until Friday -- so we will be celebrating the day after Thanksgiving -- which is okay because we've been stuffing ourselves all day at work! And I only have one more day to work this week! I'm taking Wed. off and Anna and I will go shopping and probably take Nanny to lunch! Five whole days off! Whoopee!


So, since I'm in a generous, harmonious mood -- this is the perfect website to visit for your Thanksgiving message. It certainly puts it all into perspective -- so remember to think of those who aren't able to be home with their families because they're somewhere in the world protecting our freedom.


Another website someone recently sent was the Random Acts of Kindness site at walkthetalk.com. It has all kinds of free stuff for personal and professional success. If we all did one random act of kindness a day (that nobody knew about) . . . just think how that could spread! I'm not naive enough to think it could change the world -- but it could make our own personal world better!


Which reminds me of Rachel's Challenge. Rachel Scott was the first student killed at Columbine, and I was at a presentation at a conference last month by her father, Darryl Scott, who is taking Rachel's message all over the world. Her goal was to start a chain reaction of kindness and compassion. It's amazing the lives she has touched through her death and the message she left behind. I would dearly love to be able to bring that presentation to our area schools -- or at least one presentation for the area. I think I'll make that my New Year's goal for 2009.


So anyway, practice huge amounts of kindness for at least the day of Thanksgiving and enjoy each quirky family member -- after all -- they provide the funny stories you get to take back to work next week and laugh over in the break room! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments: