Sunday, February 1, 2009

No Super Bowl for Me!

I was looking forward to watching the TV commercials during the Super Bowl tonight -- I really don't care about watching the football game, but I do love the commercials. I watched a show last night about the best Superbowl commercials over the past 30 years, and they were so funny. I still think the Budweiser commercials were some of the funniest -- and I love the E-Trade commercials with the talking kid. I even had my 3-D glasses ready for the halftime show. And low, and behold, the game was on NBC, the only local channel I can't get in my DirecTV package. Evidently NBC doesn't want me watching their station because they won't work with DirecTV to get in our locals package. Oh well, more their loss than mine!

So instead I watched "The Devil Wears Prada" again for the umpteenth time! Love that movie! And decided to blog a little and catch up on emails.

After one of the presidential debates, I checked out McCain's "Citizens Against Government Waste" website which has a "porker of the month" and you can find out just how many ways the government is wasting our tax dollars. They also give you the opportunity to email your senators to vote no on the economic stimulus bill this week (the legislature has already approved it). It may not change their minds, but I made me feel better to sound off -- and they have a staple message you can use or change up. So, go here and let them know how you feel!

No comments: