Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Wonderful World

Another busy weekend with the Geneva County Calf Show yesterday. Since there were only seven steers in the competition, they held all events on Saturday only -- usually it's showmanship on Fri. night and heifer and steer shows on Sat. I helped out with the sound system from WEC and worked the computer for record-keeping again. Guess that's my job as long as Stacy is involved.

Stacy only had two students showing this year, our niece Jessi and Brooke. Brooke won Grand Champion and Jessi had Reserve Champion -- yea for Hartford FFA!! And, since Brooke's wasn't a native steer, Jessi won the Native Champion -- good prize money! It was a good day and not too chilly, if they kept the barn door closed.

This morning I had nursery duty during church and got to rock babies -- practicing up for Kate! I cannot wait to rock baby Kate! Could be any time during the next week, so we're on pins and needles waiting for the call! We just pray all goes well and that Casey doesn't have too long of a labor -- just let us get there!

Trying to get our tax info together for income tax. I'm not sure why we have to pay since we have a Secretary of the Treasury who forgot. But being the good citizens that we are -- and I don't really want Kate having her grandparents in jail -- we'll file. I think we've still got to work until May before we're actually working for ourselves. The first five months are on the government. Sad thought, isn't it?

I found out today my Kindle is on it's way to my home compliments of UPS! Can't wait to check it out and start ordering books for it! The girls gave me Amazon gift certificates for Christmas, so I'm ready to start shopping!

And to round out my Sunday evening, here's a YouTube of my very most favorite song in the whole world -- "Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong -- with some good video to go along with it. Hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments: