Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A virus is no fun

So, I've been sick since noon yesterday with this 24-hour virus going around . . . just about everybody I know has had it, so I guess it's my turn. But it's left me feeling weak and lightheaded and I have no energy.



My brother Walker sent me a photo of their Boy Scout Troop's 50th anniversary last weekend in Spartanburg, South Carolina. Walker has been a Scout Master for several years and his youngest Graham recently completed his Eagle Scout. So Walker (third from left) and both his boys, Charles (second from left) and Graham (fifth from left), are Eagles! This is quite an accomplishment these days, and I'm very proud for them. He says they recognized all Eagle Scouts to stand. Can see more at Go Upstate.com photo gallery from Spartanburg-Herald Journal newspaper. Joe Mullinax, Hatcher Garden Director, is standing back left. (I think it's quite unusual that they have a "Hatcher Garden" there and the boys did their Eagle project there!)

And Casey says her doctor's appointment went well today. She has dialated to 2 cm, so guess we're just waiting for Kate to decide to make her appearance! Brooke (Justice) Smith had her baby boy Brody on Monday -- amid her whole family having the virus too. Glad I got mine over before Kate gets here!

1 comment:

Casey said...

Bummer, the virus is no fine. It set me back almost a month. But on a good note, it's a good way to shed a few pounds!