Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Watch out . . . I'm on the WebCam!

I've received my new WebCam and managed to install it all by myself . . . and I have no one to talk to. Seems both of the girls are off-line tonight! Oh well, I'm ready when they are! I ordered the model recommended by Casey -- it's a Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000 -- from B&H Photo website. Very easy to install and quick set up. No problems coordinating with the Skype software that lets me make free video calls!

I'm so ready for my Kindle from Amazon to arrive (it was my Christmas present, which was backordered). I've managed to read all my Christmas present books and don't want to purchase any more until I can do it through my Kindle. Come on Amazon . . . Looking at their website, they've just come out with a Kindle 2, and it seems I will be upgraded automatically to this version when mine is ready to ship.

Looking for authors of books I might like, I found some of Jennifer Crusie's that I haven't read yet, so I'm making my list. I've added Jennifer's blog to my list, as well as her website. I'm still checking out suggestions from Amazon. It's a little bit "big brother" that they save all that info about you so they can guess what else they have in stock that you might like -- nice marketing tool, actually -- but kind of creepy.

The managers (this includes me) at work are participating in a "leadership workshop" on a book by Mark Sanborn called "The Fred Factor." This is to make us "excellent" at our jobs. The book is pretty good, but since I'm basically already a "Fred," I wonder if sometimes I go too far with the Fred thing. I missed our first meeting because that was the day I pulled the muscle in my back. Next session is tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes! Free lunch, anyway!

And finally, I'm uploading the photos I made at Cheri's shower Sunday. She is so cute pregnant -- kind of like Casey, and just a baby-bump out front! She's due exactly one week after Casey . . . little Brady! Time is getting close now, and I live in anticipation each day thinking, "Will this be it?" Starla made the diaper cake centerpiece for the table that was so cute -- and so much work, I'm sure. Great gift for mother-to-be after the shower, also -- all the diapers are still usable!

No comments: