Monday, February 16, 2009

World gone mad!

I do believe I am getting old . . . I've not just turned into my mother . . . but I've turned into my grandparents! The world is really and truly going to pot. And I worry about my granddaughter to be Kate having to live in this world -- well, I worry about my kids having to live in it too!

A crazy doctor implants 8 fertilized eggs in a crazy woman with no husband who has no job and lives with her bankrupted parents -- and I forgot to mention she has 6 other kids at hom. How is this possible? Invitro is expensive. I know people who have so desired to be parents that they have mortgaged their homes to try to become parents -- and it didn't work. And this crazy woman has 8 children she has no way to take care of -- except to try to sell her story and get a show on TV. Because it's obvious this is what she was after -- a nice little TV contract. Their hospital bills are going to be astronomic! And who is going to foot that bill? One guess -- me and you and other hard-working taxpayers, that's who! Yep, I'm getting old!

A 13-year-old boy has become a father -- the mother is 14 -- and they're selling their story to the wierd-hungry media. Where are their parents? Yep, I'm getting old!

Our government is selling us out to the tune of a trillion dollars -- I can't even imagine a trillion, much less write it. If they want to stimulate the economy and employ the unemployed -- they should start work programs like the WPA of the 30's -- not just hand out millions to each politician with his hand out. Yep, I'm getting old!

And there's nothing to watch on TV except American Idol and stupid reality shows about shallow people who have nothing better to do than spend thousands of dollars on shopping sprees and have a fit because their hair color is not quite right! At least get me a new Project Runway and Design Star going before I lose it completely! Yep, I'm getting old!

I had a doctor's appointment today, and when he came into the exam room (he was young, probably late 30's) with an even younger nurse (she was young 20's), they were discussing Rod Stewart. The young nurse didn't know who Rod Stewart was. Yep, I'm getting old.

And this final piece from Glenn Beck -- it's an old one but I just got it yesterday. A wonderful woman named Irena who saved 2500 children from the Holocost, was captured herself, beaten, escaped and was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize. Guess who beat her out for this prize?

Yes, that's good old Al. I'm sure his sister state to the north, Kentucky, is worried about global warming right now -- while they're still trying to get the electricity back on from the Jan. ice storm! It's called the "Gore Effect" -- every time Al speaks, the temperature drops 10 degrees!

Say good night, Gracie! (If you're not old like me, you won't understand this!)

No comments: