Monday, February 9, 2009

Reading material

Well, I've breezed through all my Jennifer Cruise novels that I received for Christmas, and now I'm on to some I picked up in the "clearance rack" at Barnes & Noble. The book I'm reading now is "The Birth of Venus" by Sarah Dunant, and it's one of those books that you're not sure you like but you keep on reading just in case it gets better. It's very odd, and sometimes dark (which I definitely don't like) set in the Italian Renaissance. I'm almost half way through, so I guess I'll finish it, but I won't be passing it on to my mom. I can't wait for my Christmas present to get here -- my Kindle electronic book!!!

My life keeps being invaded by new technology -- both at work and at home! Since my girls got me started on this blog, I've become the blogging queen -- started blogs for my mission group Scattering Seeds, the Sister Cities program, the Civic Club and the Winston Howell Race -- and now Anna has hooked us on to Skype! It's going to be so great, though, once Kate gets here and I can see her on the web-cam -- every day!!!

Now I've got to order myself a web-cam so Kate won't forget us between visits! But, sometimes I just don't want people to see me when I'm talking to them! I get in my casual, comfy clothes when I get home from work -- and they aren't stylish! But, I'm getting the web-cam. Casey recommended one from B&H Photo, a great website to get good deals on cameras and equipment. So, I'm off to order my next technology gizmo! See ya later!

1 comment:

Casey said...

Yay! I'm excited for you to get your camera in and installed!